Every Day Is Different in Downtown Eureka Springs – Spring Break 2021
With the change of season and springtime in the air, so changes the many things to do in the Ozark Mountain resort community of Eureka Springs.
Springtime brings families from all over Arkansas / Oklahoma and Missouri. Calendars have been circled since the school year re-started. Inside that circle are written the words “Eureka Springs”. Why? Because kids’ love to spend Spring Break in a place not too far away that thrills with zip-lines, ghost hunting, caves, lions and tigers, and a downtown ready to explore. That’s why families from “SEC Country” will be traveling to the Arkansas Ozarks for an “Extraordinary Spring Break Escape”: Downtown Eureka Springs.
Basin Park Hotel Re-Invents Spring Break Downtown
Using the winter months to re-paint, furnish and re-style all guest rooms, the flagship property of Downtown is ready to re-welcome Spring Break visitors in 2021 with a new rooms product and fresh approach on things to do. Hotel activities encourage DIY Downtown and discounts include FREE Breakfast to kids under 12 most weekdays.
UPGRADED THINGS TO DO
With the addition of a resort host, a full slate of Resort activities are programmed to ensure every day is different. Downtown walking tours explore “Underground Eureka Springs” and self-guided adventures point you to such places as the Civil War cave used as a hospital to treat both Union and Confederate soldiers and the many staircases and springs that surround the hotel.
Guests can also Stargaze through the powerful telescope at the crow’s nest on the roof, include a trip down the Rabbett Hole to enjoy a whisky or wine tasting, relax during spa time in Spa1905, challenge a friend in JR’s game room or take a “behind the scenes tour” for the hidden history.
Featured this year is a twist on the shopping experience. DIY DOWNTOWN invites guest to join our team on a walking tour of downtown shops, stopping to create a free takeaway that you make yourself.
DAYS ARE RELAXING
Spa1905 is an oasis of comfort in the busy downtown district. Many may not know that the Basin Park Hotel is actually U shaped. Inside the U one finds a relaxing spa deck, fire pit, hot tub and the day spa. Hotel guests are welcome to enjoy a relaxing duet massage then make it an afternoon by enjoying the sunshine after a dip in the tub.
EVENINGS ARE THRILLING
When others may be heading to bed, guests at the Basin Park Hotel enjoy a Paranormal Investigation that probes the behind the scenes of the hotel from the Rooftop Crow’s Nest, down the Rabbett Hole and into the Bootleggers cave. A Spring Break MUST DO activity.
KIDS EAT FREE BREAKFAST — M/T/W — 3/15-3/17 & 3/22-3/24
DIY Downtown Eureka Springs
Travel is about connection and connection is formed through shared experiences. The Basin Park Hotel, finds itself in the center of a vibrant downtown district fun to explore and encouraging Do It Yourself participation and discovery. While guests might choose to a enjoy brisk morning walk or afternoon exploration to the civil war cave, others might sign up for a DIY Downtown Guided Experience with the hotel resort host. Guided experiences range from Whisky and Wine tastings and behind the scenes tours of the hotel to guided shopping adventures through the district where guests use their DIY skills in tandem with our local retailers.
Available Wednesday – Sunday Nights
Stay longer – Enjoy all the Things TO Do in Eureka Springs
The Basin Park Hotel is also a great headquarters for longer outings. Leave your car parked Downtown and ride the trolley to many of these Can’t Miss Spring Break Recommendations:
- Master illusionists Sean Paul and Juliana Fay bring to Eureka Springs its #1 show, “Intrigue Theater”; now entering its 10th year. Highly recommended, 2021 sees many new theatrical enhancements and surprises in store for Intrigue Theater – including venue upgrades allowing for large scale illusions which once were reserved for special engagements
- Families can challenge the state’s highest zip-line as speeds through the canopy of trees high in the Ozark hills. Ozark Mountain Zip-lines offer an extreme adventure for ages three and up. Ten zip-lines 120- to 1800-feet long suspended 20-to 200-feet above the ground.
- The 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa has become known as “America’s most haunted hotel” because of the unparalleled paranormal discoveries, seen and/or digitally captured by those on the hotel’s nightly ghost tour as well as numerous television programs such as SyFy’s “Ghost Hunters”.
- Saved from extinction, more than 100 big cats at Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge roam their natural habitats roaring and waiting for families’ close-up looks. These lions and tigers and bears, creatures that someday may be only a picture online, become stars of safe safaris daily. These massive, beautiful animals were rescued from awful circumstances and given a new chance to live out their years here in a loving, caring natural environment.
- Other family-friendly Spring Break attractions include exploring the hidden caves of all kinds, area hikes and half-day adventures, SHREDDING the Mountain Bike Trails at the Great Passion Play or Lake Leatherwood Downhill; experiencing the inspiration of The Great Passion Play’s Bible Museum and pre-arranged Holy Land Tour; Finding the perfect fishing hole, holding on tight on the back deck of a vintage trolley as it traverses over Eureka’s twisty, zigzag, up and down streets; and capturing “new history” with an antique family photo at Judge Roy Bean’s.
Learn More about Eureka Springs at EurekaSpringsOnline.com