To Our Valued Guests:
I am writing on behalf of the entire Basin Park Hotel’s family to assure you that the health and safety of our team members, guests and community remains our top priority. As the novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) is having a greater impact in the United States, our thoughts are with all those who have been affected by the virus. As part of our commitment to your health and well-being, we are carefully monitoring the COVID-19 situation with regular updates and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Our teams conduct rigorous cleaning of all guest and meeting rooms and all public and back-of-house spaces several times throughout the day. Further, we follow exhaustive cleaning, sanitation, and disinfection protocols that meet or exceed extensive industry guidelines. For Your Protection all areas in the hotel are taking precautions to lessen risk and maintain protocols. Furthermore, Guidance has been issued by the Office of Governor Asa Hutchinson to which we are applying.
These protocols include:
- Remote Check-in and Only Single Party allowed on the Elevator
- Post Departure – Rooms are placed OOO for a 24 hour period
- Stay over service to the guest room has been temporarily suspended
o Linen change is available upon request
- Non-Guest Visitation is restricted from Hotel Entry
- The Balcony Restaurant is open Noon-8PM and is currently TOGO only.
- Continental Breakfast delivered between 9AM-10AM.
- Spa1905 has been closed
- Jack Rabbett’s Whisky Bar is Temporarily Closed
- Resort Activities have been modified to open-air self guided adventures
- The Activity Fee has been removed
- Even like party Guests are asked to not congregate in the lobby or halls.
- Employees with fever or symptoms of Illness will not attend work or be sent home
- To stay updated on changes to hours of operation please visit BasinParkActivitypass.com
Travel Advisory: The Hotel is unable to secure reservations for travelrs from New York State, New Jersey, COnnecticut, Louisiana or any international destination.
Furthermore, should you have personal concerns related to your health or travel that might warrant a modification to your travel plans there will be no cost to cancel or change your reservation or ticket. If you secured your reservation through a third party (Expedia, Booking.com, etc) you will need to cancel through that booking agent.
We value each guest that honors us with a visit to our destination, and we look forward to serving your upon your next visit to Eureka Springs and our properties.
Executive Vice President
1905 Basin Park Hotel